Wednesday 1 January 2014

Hello 2014

 Hello 2014.


It’s always best to start the New Year on a positive note. After the ups and downs of 2013, I am determined to make 2014 the best year ever. I can't say I have ever stuck to resolutions, but I want to make a list of things I'd like to do and achieve, and at the end of this year I want to look back and see which I managed to do. I think it's important to set goals and aims to give you something to look forward to and strive towards and if you end up achieving them, you get a buzz out of it. It's also the best feeling when you have accomplished something.
Forget about the past
Over the past year, I tend to look back on the things I have done wrong and beat myself up about them and others to. So in 2014 I’m going to start looking towards the future as you can’t change the past. Although I would like to change some of my decisions from the past year or so, I think its time for me to forget about the mistakes and proceed with the future trying not to make the same mistakes again. Duelling on the past is not a good thing.

Think more positive
In most situations I would say that, I am able to see the positive aspects but definitely not often enough (I think negatively a lot). I will more than likely think of all the negatives of something before I consider the positive things, epically if something doesn’t go as I planned. It's mostly reflected in the mood I am in. If I'm feeling a bit down or anxious, I can be a negative person. I need to stop finding things wrong with everything and start looking for all the great things in most situations and remember and it’s not the end of the world If it doesn’t go the way I wanted to.

Drink more water
I went through a little phase last year where I became slightly addicted to attempting to finish 5 bottles of water in a day. I remember that it was sometimes quite a struggle but also it made me feel so much better inside and out. I felt a lot healthier, a lot more hydrated and my skin was also thankful. It's certainly not an easy thing for me to try and do as I'm naturally not a very thirsty person and when I am I tend to go for something more exciting such as orange juice or Coke. It doesn't take a lot of liquid before I feel like I’m going to explode from the inside out. LOL. I'm going to try and drink a lot more, whether I manage to complete a 2L bottle a day or just come close, as long as I try to drink more healthily then that’s all that matters. Being healthy is the way forward even though there are temptations, but you can do it ;)
Be more organised
I am useless at keeping track of life events and juggling my days. I've already filled in all my dates etc in my new diary and I'm going to carry it around with me and continue to keep track of what's going on in order to make sure I'm on top of myself with  knowing what's happening. For example what YouTube video or blog I will be writing next or where I’m going. Days all seem to blur into one nowadays and this doesn't bond well with my messy organisational skills, as if I plan my day I will know what I have to achieve within that day. I feel a lot more at ease when I have things sorted and filed neatly and I know what's happening and when. 

Blog more
I have only just started blogging at the end of 2013. However I normally say I’m going to do something and never actually finish it or keep it up. So one of my new years resolutions is to keep blogging as I do really enjoy and I hope you guys do to. My aim this year is to try put up a blog post at least once a month if not more, to keep you guys up to date with the latest fashion and beauty products that I like and may dislike.

Be the best version of you
This is one of my favourite quotes. I'm not sure where it comes from, if you do please feel free to let me know J I like that it encourages you to be the very best you can be, surround yourself with people that bring out the best in you and don't be anything but yourself. It's easy to lose who you are or to become a bit lost, especially if your trying to impress someone but this quote will always bring you back round and remind you just to be YOU and sod anyone that doesn't allow you to do that . :)
Travel more
I don’t really like going abroad because of the hot weather as I don’t like getting a sun tan as I have vitagligo, so I am very conscious of my body and self.  I want to go on more holidays abroad as I feel like I am missing out on the finer things in life. I really want to go America or Dubai, as I have never been to any of these places before.
Where are you going on holiday next year?

Eat healthier
I just need to eat a lot more healthier this year as last year I have put on so much weight. My diet is pretty bad. I'll wake up and eat a chocolate bar or make my way to subway for their breakfast. I'll also drink my weight in coke, orange juice and tea, when really I could have a glass of water. I also think I need to lay off takeaways and start making healthier meals and maybe have a naughty meal once a month or less:) I personally feel I need to loose weight and really what to be at lease 8-9 stone as at the minute I’m nearly 11 stone. Me trying to lose weight is only for my benefit as I really don’t feel comfortable with my body as most things I wear make me look really fat and I just want to put on anything I look nice in it as I am at the weight I want to be at.

So those are my little personal challenges/goals I have decided to set myself. Some are working well already, my diary is full of goings on and I already feel a lot more organised. I have also picked healthier options. I am going to really make the most of this year, and I hope you all do too.:)

What sort of challenges and resolutions have you set yourself for 2014?
Are you hoping to look back over them in a year and have completed a good handful if not all of them?

Good luck and have a wonderful new year as I am hoping to J




No comments:

Post a Comment